MSP & Investor Interviews – Let’s talk M&A & exits!
We chat with MSP owners, vendors & investors in the channel that have been through an acquisition or exit to bring you insider tips, advice on what to avoid and arm you with the tools to maximise your value.
- MSP Exit Interview – Pete Matheson (Tekkers IT)by mspblogWhat was your MSP and when did you start it? Tekkers IT Solutions, in 2011. Started as I was working too much and getting paid too little. I felt the local SMBs were being underserved. £1.2m Revenue. 16 Staff. Covering Hampshire & West Sussex. Core services – MSP / IT Support + BCDR / … Read more
- MSP Exit Interview – Daniel Welling (amicitia)by mspblogWhat was your MSP Business and when did you start it? I co-founded amicitia in 2002, with a former customer who had become a friend and neighbour; he was tech and I was sales. Previously I had worked in IT solution sales roles and like many MSP-founders felt we could do better running a business! … Read more
- MSP Exit Interview – Matt Torrens (Sprout IT)by mspblogWhat was your MSP Business and when did you start it? I ran SproutIT for a little over a decade before exiting in November 2020. Earlier in my career, I had worked in a vast blue chip (Microsoft’s largest global customer at the time) and hated the fact that I was ‘just a number’. I … Read more
- MSP Exit Interview – Jim Turner (Hilltop Consultants)by mspblogWhat was your MSP and when did you start it? I started Hilltop Consultants in 2003. I had been working for an IT consulting firm and like many techs, felt that I could do just as good of a job running a business as my boss. I started taking on small clients that were referred … Read more
- MSP Exit Interview – Ian Richardson (Doberman Technologies)by mspblogWhat was your MSP Business and when did you start it? Doberman Technologies LLC, Founded 2005, Full time in Business 2010. Grew up in a Healthcare Household (Dad was MD, Mom was a NICU Nurse), Got started in Business IT helping my Father install one of the first EMRs in the state of MI. Can … Read more
- MSP Exit Interview – Richard Tubb (Tubblog)by mspblogWhat was your MSP and when did you start it? With a background in corporate IT, I moved into running my own IT Support business in 2001. I was your typical one-man-band IT guy, crawling under desks and plugging in cables. Then, in 2004 I read about something called Managed Services. I realised I wanted … Read more
- MSP Investor Interview – David Papp (MSP Corp)by mspblogWho are you and what is your job? Chief Technology Officer – Involved in a variety of activities as part of the head office team for MSP Corp helping oversee the operations & technical aspects of all our subsidiaries throughout Canada, involved in M&A due diligence activities, integration & merger projects, marketing & branding, and … Read more
- MSP Investor Interview – Nicholas Ashford ( Fordhouse)by mspblogWho are you and what is your job? Nicholas Ashford, Partner Fordhouse – I work with MSP owners who are thinking of exiting their business within the next 5 years. What is your business and what do you do within the MSP space? We acquire MSPs and I help educate MSP owners about the … Read more
- MSP Exit Interview – Steven Freidkin (Ntiva Inc)by mspblogWho are you and what is your job? Steven, I am the CEO and founder of Ntiva, a business that officially started in 2004 but had its origins as far back as middle school. I work with leaders, managers, and employees across the company to deliver technology solutions to commercial clients all with the guiding … Read more
- MSP Exit Interview – Paul Tomlinson (MIRUS)by mspblogWhat was your MSP and when did you start it? I started my first business when I was 18/19, the business was an IT services business focussed on completing projects, ranging from IT support, basic development work and even electrical safety testing. The business had no recurring revenue and unfortunately ceased trading after a few … Read more
- MSP Exit Interview – Ben Spector (SpecTronics)by mspblogWhat was your MSP and when did you start it? I started SpecTronics as an IT consulting business, somewhat accidentally, after I left university, where I was studying Electrical & Electronic Engineering. The intention was to consult independently on IT transformation for SMB clients. Inevitably, there was a long tail of support after each consulting … Read more